Where can I get the Oracle BI Enterprise Edition for evaulation?
Posted by Dylan Wan on January 9, 2007
Oracle have made its Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) available for evaluation. I just followed the following steps to install it on my laptop.
1. Go to edelivery.oracle.com
2. Select “Continue” after you select your language.
3. Enter the information and accept the trial license term
4. Select “Oracle Business Intelligence” as the Product Pack and “Microsoft Window (32-bit) as the platform
5. Hit “Go” button. You will be able to find “Oracle Business Intelligence Media Pack”
6. As of now (Jan 2007), the version available is 184.108.40.206. The latest version MAUI is not available in eDelivery yet.
7. Download the “Oracle Business Intelligence EE and Siebel Business Analytics Platform, Version 220.127.116.11 Window Programs (DVD)”. There are two files.
You will also need to download the license code file. It is required during installation.
8. Go to licensecode.oracle.com
9. Select “Business Intelligence” on the top of the page.
10. Go the bottom of the Oracle Business Intelligence and Siebel Analytics License Key Files page.
11. You will find “Oracle BI EE Server / Analytics Platform [.zip, 3Kb]”
12. Click the link to download the licese key file. The installation program will ask for it later.
After you download all files required, unzip them under the same directory.
You should run the setup.exe file under the “Server->Siebel_Analytics_All” directory.