Oracle BI Applications 7.9.5 is out
Posted by Dylan Wan on May 30, 2008
Oracle BI Applications 7.9.5 is released early this month. Here is a quick summary of the features introduced in this release and where you can get more information about it.
1. Informatica PowerCenter 8.1.1 SP4 – Informatica delivered the PowerCenter 8 in 2006. Oracle BI Apps has been used PowerCenter 7.1.4 until Oracle BI Apps 7.1.4. Oracle BI Apps 7.9.5 now requires Informatica PowerCenter 8. PowerCenter 8 has several new features and use new terminologies.
2. PeopleSoft 8.9 & 9.0 Adapters
3. Siebel 8.1 Adapter
4. Oracle BI EE 10.1.3.3.2 – Another technology update is Oracle BI Apps 7.9.5 now requires OBIEE 10.1.3.3.2.
5. Parameters are now managed in DAC repository: OBI Apps 7.9.4 and before let users to directly modify the parameter files deployed in the DAC server machine. In 7.9.5, these parameters are managed in DAC repository. You can use DAC client to remotely administer these parameters.
6. Optimization – we continue improving the product by optimizing the SQL and tune the indexes.
Here are links to get more information:
1. Documentation – Oracle Business Intelligence Applications Fusion Edition
2. Software Download – Oracle Business Intelligence (10.1.3.x) Downloads