Posted by Dylan Wan on September 15, 2015
OTBI Enterprise is the BI cloud service, a SaaS deployment of OBIA. It is using a data warehouse based architecture. The ETL processes are handled within the cloud. The data are first loaded from either on premise or cloud sources using various means in the original formats. The data are first loaded into the SDS schema, then the regular ETL processes that were designed for on premise deployment can be used to populate the data warehouse. All these processes are supposed to be transparent to the deploying companies.
As of September 2015, OTBI-E for HCM is the only module that is available.
Several key technologies were developed for supporting OTBI Enterprise:
- Cloud Connector – Fusion Adaptor
- Cloud Connector – using web service
- SDS – Source Dependent Data Storage
- FTS – File to SDS load
- Health Check
- Diagnostic – Self Recovery ETL
- Configuring Data Security for Cloud
- Cloud to Cloud – Integrated User Authentication
See details in BI Apps Architecture.