Dashboard vs Report
Posted by Dylan Wan on February 16, 2017
A dashboard is a data driven application. It is important to think about:
- Who is using this? User Persona. Different people may have different level of accountabilities and thus have different interests.
- When the user will need to use? How often?
- What business process the information will need to be available?
- What is the best way to deliver or highlight the information?
- What are the actions to take by the user?
- What questions the user may ask after that see the data? The analytics workflow
- Hide details when it becomes distraction