Posted by Dylan Wan on January 14, 2008
I found a white paper on http://www.UNSPSC.org site about the same topic I wrote last week:
Here are what I learned about UNSPSC:
- It has a 4 level hierarchical structure. It can be used for drill down and roll up data.
- It is very useful for spend analysis.
- It can also be used in sourcing to identify the suppliers. It can be use to measure the supplier’s performance by grouping the supplier and establish the benchmark.
- It was an effort of merging United Nation’s code and D&B’s SPSC.
- It can be extended. The custom codes can be defined as the further breakdown of the standard code
- It supports multiple languages.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in BI, BI Application, BI Links, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Procurement Intelligence | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Dylan Wan on December 25, 2006
This arcticles examines the major business drivers of business intelligence and the typical business intelligence applications. Some BI applications are common for all types of enterprise, others are specific to some industries.
Posted in BI, BI Application, Business Intelligence, Customer Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Financial Intelligence, Human Resource Intelligence, Marketing Intelligence, Procurement Intelligence, Project Intelligence, Sales Intelligence, Service Intelligence | Leave a Comment »